We are at capacity for the Summer 2013 session. Thank you for your interest.
Summer Housing at The Cooper Union May 25 through August 10, 2013
It's close. Cooper Union is at the center of everything that's happening in Manhattan. Every major subway line has a stop within a ten-minute radius of Cooper Union and, once you jump on, it's a mere 15 minutes downtown to Wall Street or uptown to museums and theaters.
It's cool. Yes, we're in the Village, home to all the great clubs, movie theaters, restaurants, coffee bars, bookstores and shops. But, believe it or not, that is not the cool we are referring to. We mean we have air conditioning. Each apartment has its own controls and the price is included in the rent. While the rest of New York swelters, you stay cool.
It's clean. We guarantee that you and your apartment mates will be the only living creatures within your apartment. If you don't think this is important, talk to your friends about visiting wildlife in their apartments.
It's cheap. For less than the cost of a week in Cape Cod or a weekend in Napa Valley, you can spend the summer in Manhattan, center of the universe.
It's convenient. No long negotiations with landlords about legal sublets, no utility bills, no furniture rentals. You just need to bring your clothing, your sheets and towels, and your dishes. And of course, your rent check.
The Cooper Union Student residence is located at 29 Third Avenue at the corner of Stuyvesant Street.
Our Summer Housing Program is open only to graduate students in law school or MBA programs who are completing internships or serving as associates. A $100 deposit, as well as a letter from your employer, on official letterhead, confirming your employment status as a summer associate or intern is required to reserve your housing assignment. The $100 deposit is applied against the rent for those who move in and is otherwise non-refundable.
Rent is $4,000 for the period from May 25, 2013 to August 10, 2013. Rent cannot be prorated for shorter occupancies and is payable in two installments, half on May 1 and half on July 1.
During the summer, two residents occupy a unit designed for four students. The units consist of two bedrooms with a shared bathroom and kitchenette. Each kitchenette has a microwave, oven, two gas burners, cabinets, a kitchen table and chairs. Each bedroom has either a single bed or a bunk bed, a desk, chair and a clothing storage unit. Bathrooms are equipped with a toilet, sink and shower.
• Access to each unit is controlled by a key card locking system.
• The building has sprinklers in each apartment.
• A 24-hour guard, video cameras, alarm system and palm scanner control access to the building. Guests must show photo ID and they must be signed in and accompanied by residents.
• Each unit has a security phone connected to the 911 emergency network and to the security desk in the front lobby.
• Individual bedrooms are wired for telephone service, but you must bring your own mobile phone or make an independent arrangement with Verizon to be hooked up after your arrival.
• Wireless internet service is available throughout the building.
• Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Student Residence nor in any public building in New York City.
• The Student Residence has a full-time manager, an assistant manager, resident assistants and a maintenance staff.
• The building has card-operated laundry machines and one lounge equipped with a large screen TV.
MOVE IN May 25, 2013, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. | MOVE OUT August 10, 2013 by 4:00 p.m.
• Total rent $4,000
• $100 due by March 1, 2013 along with a letter from your employer, on official letterhead, confirming your employment status as a summer associate or intern
• $1,900 due on May 1, 2013
• $2,000 due on July 1, 2013
• Please note: Rent cannot be prorated
Let us know if you have a preferred roommate or if there is anything that would help us match you with a roommate (taste in music, quietness, etc.)
The Cooper Union accepts checks, money orders, cash and credit cards (American Express, Discover, Visa and masterCard) as method of payment.
Credit card payments may be made by
• Fax: (212) 353-4271
• Phone: (212) 353-4140
A limited number of three bedroom apartments are available to those who can find their own roommates. These apartments rent at $3,750 per occupant. For information on these apartments, please contact us directly at (212) 353-4099.
Applications, including the $100 deposit and employment verification letter are due by March 1, 2013. Housing contracts will be mailed beginning March 4, 2013
The Cooper Union
29 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10003